A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- GST Constitution Amendment Bill gets Pranab Mukherjee's approval: The proposed tax regime needed to be ratified by at least half the total number of states to be sent to the president.
- India reviewing its international free trade pacts after domestic industry concerns on benefits, says Nirmala Sitharaman: The Union commerce minister said the country’s farmers and traders are not yet ready for foreign direct investment in multi-brand retail trading.
- Mahindra & Mahindra to sell 40,000 cars to Ola Cabs: CEO Anand Mahindra said they expect the tie-up to yield $400 million over the next two years.
- Vijay Mallya will continue as chairman of United Breweries, says company's management: In May, Sebi ruled that wilful defaulters cannot hold board positions at listed companies or raise funds from the securities markets.
- Poor demand, weak international trade causes gold rates to dip from 30-month high: Prices dropped by Rs 250 to Rs 31,300 per 10 grams on Thursday.
- Top five IT companies lose Rs 34,000 crore in market value after Tata Consultancy Services issues advisory: Investors interpreted the firm's statement, hinting at the possibility of "sequential loss of momentum", as the current state of the information technology sector.
- ICICI Bank says incorporation of software robotics has reduced its business procedure response time by 60%: The deployment is part of an attempt to raise the organisation's productivity and efficacy.