The business wrap: Banks ask customers to change ATM PINs after data breach, and 6 other top stories
Tesla will launch self-driving cars in 2018, and Google Search will let users compare taxi-aggregator rates.
A look at the headlines in the sector right now:
- Banks replace debit cards, ask customers to change PINs after security breach: The data hack came to the fore only after customers complained that their cards have been used in China.
- All new Tesla cars will be fully self-driving by 2018, says CEO Elon Musk: The company has started producing cars with the hardware required to make them completely autonomous, but the software they need is still being tested.
- Google Search to let users compare rates, book Ola, Uber cabs from mobile browser: Users will be redirected to the app of the taxi-aggregation company whose service they choose.
- Apple claims 90% of chargers sold on Amazon are counterfeit: The iPhone manufacturer has filed a lawsuit against the e-commerce company.
- Sensex closes 145 points highter at 28,129.84; Nifty rose by 40 points: ICICI Bank was a major winner as Indian shares spiralled on Thursday, after closing relatively lower on Wednesday.
- Jewellery industry stakeholders ask Centre for lowered GST: The industry wants the Goods and Services Tax on finished jewellery to be restricted to 1.25%.
- GST Council meet ends ahead of schedule as states fail to reach consensus on rates: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the final slabs would depend on the source of funds meant to compensate states for revenue losses.