A look at the headlines in this sector right now:
- IBM refutes report of massive layoff campaign: The Centre said IT stakeholders had assured them of not resorting to mass dismissals.
- Markets trade flat as investors book profits: The Sensex rallied 76.71 points to close at 30,658, while the Nifty gained 13.50 points and ended at 9,525.75.
- Paytm to start its payments bank operations from Monday: The Noida-based company will transfer its wallet business to the new entity.
- Instagram launches Snapchat-style face filters for selfies: Users can experiment with the initial eight face filters.
- Arun Jaitley launches ‘Operation Clean Money’ website to shame tax defaulters: Personal income tax return filing increased after demonetisation, the minister said.
- Airtel to offer 100% more data to broadband users: Home users will get a taste of the company’s V-Fibre superfast broadband experience.
- Mukesh Ambani adds USD 7 billion wealth in just five months: He was named in Forbes’ second annual list of Global Game Changers.