A look at the headlines in the sector:
- Access to content should not be restricted, Trai says in its recommendations on net neutrality: Its recommendations come soon after the United States decided to repeal regulations to protect net neutrality.
- Reliance Communications shares tank nearly 4.5% amid reports of China bank filing insolvency case: The telecom group said it had not received any notice regarding a case filed by the China Development Bank under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
- IAS officer Pradeep Singh Kharola appointed chairperson and managing director of Air India: He will replace Rajiv Bansal who was made the interim chief of the airline in August after Ashwani Lohani was moved to the Railway Board.
- I-T department sends notices to 1.16 lakh people, firms for not filing returns after demonetisation: They have been asked to file their returns within 30 days.
- Sensex, Nifty trade lower as investors await GDP data for September quarter: The Sensex closed 105.85 points down at 33,618.59 while the Nifty50 fell 29.30 points to end at 10,370.25.
- US drug regulator says Glenmark’s Himachal Pradesh unit violates its quality standards: The US Food and Drug Administration had inspected the company’s Baddi unit between November 6 and November 11.
- Bengaluru Police file FIR against Flipkart founders for allegedly cheating businessman of Rs 9.9 crore: The e-commerce retailer said that the allegations were an attempt to ‘harass and pressurise the company’.
- Meredith Corporation, backed by the conservative Koch brothers, to buy Time Inc in $2.8-billion deal: Meredith has said that the Koch brothers’ equity firm will not have any influence over the editorial decisions of the merged media group.
- Income tax department raids 33 locations in Tamil Nadu belonging to business groups: Search operations are under way at 21 premises in Chennai and 12 outside the city.