The big news: Kejriwal says Modi has declared Emergency in Delhi, and nine other top stories
At least 14 people were killed in an attack by al-Shabab in Mogadishu, and the Centre said a draft National Forest Policy it had uploaded was a mistake.
A look at the headlines right now:
- Emergency in Delhi, says Arvind Kejriwal after police arrest AAP MLA during press conference: Dinesh Mohaniya, the vice chairman of the Jal Board, was accused of misbehaving with a group of women who had complained of water problems.
- Centre says the draft National Forest Policy it had made public was a mistake: The ministry claimed the document uploaded on its website was merely study report, and an actual policy has yet to be finalised.
- Al-Shabab militants kill at least 14 in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu during siege on hotel: Security forces managed to take control several hours after the attack began with a suicide bomber detonating explosives on the street outside.
- Bihar topper scam: Police arrest Ruby Rai who scored highest in Arts after she failed re-test: The Special Investigation Team will produce the 17-year-old student in court on Sunday.
- Defence Ministry approves proposal to buy 145 Howitzer artillery guns from the US: Of these, 120 will be assembled in India in partnership with Mahindra, while the rest will be received in flyaway condition.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune: As many as 14 projects are designated for Pune alone, and 69 projects are earmarked for 19 other cities across the country.
- Eight jawans killed, more than 20 hurt after militants open fire at a CRPF bus in Jammu & Kashmir: The CRPF commandant said while two terrorists have been killed, the operation is still underway as two others are believed to be hiding in the area.
- Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti wins Anantnag polls by more than 11,000 votes: The newly-inducted chief minister needed to win this election to join the state legislature.
- At least 7,000 girls do not have proper toilet facilities in Haryana schools, reveals study: According to a National University of Educational Planning and Administration survey, girls' toilets in 52 schools are not in working condition.
- Leaders of six European Union founding nations meet to discuss Brexit: Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg attended the meeting called by Germany’s foreign minister.